DORMITORY REGULATIONS TO BE FOLLOWED DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
It is very important to comply with all the rules, protocols and procedures set by the government authorities and Sabancı University regarding COVID-19 to protect the health and safety of us all. Therefore, our students who want to stay in the dormitories are expected to complete their vaccination in line with the Ministry of Health’s proposed vaccination calendar, and our students who were previously infected with COVID-19 are also expected to follow the Ministry of Health’s proposed vaccination program.
To stay in the dormitory, the following rules must be obeyed.
- Respect all the health and hygiene rules set by the University including mask wearing in the appropriate way at all times in the dormitories.
- Stay in the same room with the same student (s), not change your room, and not enter dormitory buildings other than the dormitory building allocated to you during your stay in the dormitory.
- Not accept any couriers or cargo attendants into the dormitory building and accept any deliveries only at the outer door.
- Not bring food or beverages except water into the study and TV rooms.
- Abide by possible additional precautions about life in dormitory that might be introduced and further revised along the academic year depending on developments related to pandemic.
- Follow all announcements and notifications made through posters on campus, as well as the information sent to your e-mail account and the university’s web pages and social media accounts.
- Consult with the University’s Health Centre or the nearest health institution and follow the necessary isolation rules, if you show signs of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, a runny nose or shortness of breath during your stay in the dormitory and/or if you are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, you must spend the isolation period in the Quarantine Building, not your dormitory room.
We would like to inform you that various administrative sanctions may be imposed by Sabancı University if one or more of the above-mentioned measures are not followed in order to ensure campus health and safety, including ceasing your participation in all campus activities and preventing you from being on campus.